1. The principle was right from the garden. God planted a garden and had a tree that belonged to Him only and the rest was for Adam to enjoy. That was a type of a tithe that belongs only to God. Adam and his family used to give to God the first of their produce. This was a type of tithing. Cain killed Abel because of an offering. These men of God knew something about giving the first of the harvest to God. Even Noah after the flood gave to God. He knew how to offer to God generously.
2. It was started 400 years before the law in Gen 14:17 and it continued during and after the law. Abraham was the first man to practice tithing as we know it.
3. In New Testament, it is one way the blessing of Abraham is fulfilled through Christ. In Galatians 6:13, Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law and introduced us to the blessing of Abraham. One of those blessings is the blessing of tithing pronounced to Abraham in Genesis 14:17.
4. Jesus did not stop it Matt 23:23. He endorsed tithing as well as mercy, righteousness and justice.
5. Jesus called it a light weight matter-too basic. In the NT, He taught us to give all and not just a tithe. Jesus gave His all to us. Not just a tithe. New Testament giving is unlimited. Tithe is just the basic starting point. We are called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul and all our strength. That includes our money, time, talents, and treasures. Not just one but all.
6. It is the best plan God has to support ministry. If a church would tithe 100%, all needs would be met above and beyond.
WHERE DO WE TAKE THE TITHE?
Take it to the store house where you are fed. That is your church where you are spiritually fed (Malachi 3:10).
HOW DO WE PRAY FOR THE TITHE?
Never drop your tithe in the bucket and forget to use that opportunity to connect and activate the blessing of God in every area of your life. Become a wise tither. Also, do not forget the past times you have given. Lay those things before The Lord every time you give. Connect and activate the blessing of our partnership.
Pray according to Deut 26:12-15: 12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied. 13 Then say to the Lord your God: “I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands nor have I forgotten any of them. 14 I have not eaten any of the sacred portion while I was in mourning, nor have I removed any of it while I was unclean, nor have I offered any of it to the dead. I have obeyed the Lord my God; I have done everything you commanded me. 15 Look down from heaven, your holy dwelling place, and bless your people Israel and the land you have given us as you promised on oath to our ancestors, a land flowing with milk and honey.”
Pray also according to Malachi 3:10. You have to command the release of the blessings. You gain so much authority in the spirit that you are able to command blessings. You can put a demand on the blessing to manifest. God also releases the blessing when we fulfill our part in the covenant of blessings.
CAN I GO TO HELL FOR NOT TITHING?
No because it is not the requirement for salvation. However, you will go through enough hell down here. You shall miss out on the fullness of the blessing of God that can only come through tithing.
BLESSINGS OF TITHING
1. More blessed to give than to receive- It blesses the giver and also the receiver. Biblical generosity is such relief a for all that are involved.
2. It is the way to connect and activate our covenant relationship with God for provision, blessings and increase. Windows of heaven open. God rebukes the devourer for our sakes. God even tells us to test Him with it. It brings increase. God always gives back big.
3. Sanctifies and protects what we have by being an enemy to our enemies and fighting our battles.
4. We pass the money test. Generous people cannot be bound by greed and love of money. God can trust us with even more.
5. Oh the joy of obedience; So much boldness in prayer; No torment; No struggle;. No guilt or shame; No condemnation.
ACTION: TAKE THE TITHE CHALLENGE TODAY. Visit our website and follow the link.