The world is full of uncertainties. The political turmoil, wars, rumors of wars. Our lives are constantly under the impulses of the ups and downs. Unless we are truly anchored in the Lord, our hearts can begin to waver in the midst of the fear of what if.....In the midst of all these issues, we need to have a strong anchor where our hearts are stable and steadfast. Jesus calls us to let our hearts not be troubled.
Fear is a misplaced faith. It is when we build our lives on sinking sand and not on a solid rock. Fear does the same thing as faith would doand is a sign of shadows of death. It is like looking at the dashboard of a vehicle. It is a sign that your faith is low, anxiety high and patience low. That is the time to begin to build your faith and starve your doubts to death.
Fear does not add even a small piece of hair on your head. Jesus asked the question: Why worry?? God did not give us a spirit of fear. Fear is of the devil. FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. It is just a lie. Satan uses fear to intimidate.
Our relationship with God makes us fearless: The righteous are as bold as a lion
Treat fear like sin. Fear came from the fall. It is a consequence of our fall. The first time fear is mentioned in the bible, it is after Adam and Eve fell. Fear and Faith cannot dwell together. Fear thrives where faith is low.
Fear is going to be a sign of the end times. Most of the leading causes of death today are as a result of fear. Jesus said that in the last days, the hearts of men will melt with fear.
John 14:1- Let not your hearts be troubled: (tarassō)
- to agitate, trouble (a thing, by the movement of its parts to and fro)
- to cause one inward commotion, take away his calmness of mind, disturb his equanimity
- to disquiet, make restless
- to stir up
- to trouble
- to strike one's spirit with fear and dread
- to render anxious or distressed
- to perplex the mind of one by suggesting scruples or doubts
WHEN YOU SENSE THIS IN YOUR SPIRIT/YOUR HEART, KNOW THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT IN IT.
Recognize when it is the Lord leading. He nudges; He leads. Satan on the other hand drives and pushes. You can feel the pushing and the pressure. If there is a lot of anxiety and unsettling, it may not be the Lord.
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BURDEN OF THE LORD AND THE FALSE BURDENS LAID ON US BY THE ENEMY AND BY PEOPLE OR OUR OWN UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. The yoke of the Lord is easy and His burden is light. Believe in God and also in me - (Pisteuo) Place your confidence and trust in the Lord.
Ps 23 - Valley of the shadow of death - (tsalmaveth) A place of distress and extreme danger (I shall fear no evil).
Prov 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding:
TRUST: Bold confidence that makes secure.
GOD'S GREATEST JOY IS TO BE TRUSTED
1. When we worry, we tell Him that He is not worth our trust. We magnify the problem and make Him look small. It is an insult to His faithfulness, ability and integrity. IF GOD CANNOT BE TRUSTED IN THE WORST OF TIMES, HE ALSO CANNOT BE TRUSTED IN THE BEST OF TIMES.
2. God's first commandment is not to have other gods besides Him. When we trust other things apart from Him, we make an idol out of them. That can be trusting in others, trusting in a man, trusting in a job, or in anything whatsoever. TRUST PEOPLE BUT DO NOT PUT YOUR TRUST IN THEM. God in His jealousy will remove everything else that we trust in so that He is the only ONE we trust.
INTIMATELY KNOWING GOD WILL BOOST OUR TRUST IN HIM
1. God is sovereign and He can be trusted. That is He is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent. Satan and humans cannot be like that at all. They are limited by time and space.
2. God is a God of integrity. His word, His promise, His Character cannot fail. His word is infallible and impregnable.
3. He truly cares and can do something about it. His love leads to action. His mercy leads to an action. His caring nature leads to action. That is why He answers prayer. He truly cares and can do something about it.
ENTERING INTO REST: BREAKING FREE FROM FEAR, ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, AND CYCLES OF WORRY
1. Know the word of God and what He says about trusting in Him. Whenever these emotions begin to work, it is a sign that our faith is running low. We need to re-anchor ourselves.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart....
- Those who trust in the Lord are like Mt Zion
- Those who trust in the Lord shall never be put to shame
- Some trust in horses and others in chariots, but we will trust in the name of the Lord our God
- Be anxious for nothing
- Cast your burdens to Jesus
- Come unto me all you that are weary and heavy laden and I shall give you rest
2. Praise breaks depression and releases the anchor of joy. Joy is the manifestation of shalom; peace in the midst of storms. That peace is what the Bible calls entering into the rest of God. O what a freedom!!!
Learn how to speak to your soul and command it to put trust in the Lord
THINGS TO TRUST GOD FOR:
1. Your life: Present and future
2. Your family: Now and future
3. Your health: Now and future
4. Your provision: Now and future
5. Your destiny