COURAGE UNDER FIRE
"I still got a fight in me"
In 2006 in Tucson, Arizona, Tim Boyle watched as a Chevrolet Camaro hit an 18-year-old Kyle Holtrust. The car pinned Holtrust, still alive, underneath. Boyle ran to the scene of the accident and lifted the Camaro off the teenager, while the driver of the car pulled him to safety.
In 1982, in Lawrenceville, Georgia, Angela Cavallo lifted a 1964 Chevrolet Impala from her son, Tony, after it fell off the jacks that had held it up while he worked underneath the car. Mrs. Cavallo lifted the car high enough and long enough for two neighbors to replace the jacks and pull Tony from beneath the car.
Marie "Bootsy" Payton was cutting her lawn in High Island, Texas when her riding mower got away from her. Payton's young granddaughter, Evie, tried to stop the mower, but was knocked underneath the still-running machine. Payton reached the mower and easily tossed it off her granddaughter, limiting Evie's injuries to four severed toes. Curious, Payton later tried to lift the mower again and found she couldn't move it.
COURAGE UNDER FIRE
Fifty percent of marriages end in divorce, but what happens to the other fifty percent? Thirty percent end up enduring while twenty percent enter into a real happy and fulfilled life.
As they say, love is blind, but marriage is an eye-opener.
Q. Why marriage is like a violin?
A. After all the beautiful music is over, the strings are still attached.
Marriages are made in heaven. Then again, so are thunder, lightning, tornados, and hail.
Unfortunately, marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside desperate to get out. But it does not have to be that way.
Proverbs 24: 3-5
3 Through skillful and godly Wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation],
4 And by knowledge shall its chambers [of every area] be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
5 A wise man is strong and is better than a strong man, and a man of knowledge increases and strengthens his power.
These are game-changing moments when a shift takes place and things begin to go your way. One word from God can shift the momentum forever.
I declare that the momentum has shifted. We are now on a comeback mode. Never mess with a person making a comeback. They are dangerous. They are violent. They had a brush with death and annihilation.
HOW TO MAKE A COMEBACK FROM A SETBACK
Finishing strong is impossible without divine assistance. Let God use your mistakes.
A setback can be because of our mistakes, failures and bad choices. Choices have consequences. We are not immune from bad choices and bad consequences. That is why we all need to understand that we can still finish strong and make a comeback from a setback.
WHAT IS FASTING?
Jonah 3:3-10: Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming, “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.” 5 The Ninevites believed God. A fast was proclaimed, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth. 6 When Jonah’s warning reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 This is the proclamation he issued in Nineveh:
“By the decree of the king and his nobles, Do not let people or animals, herds or flocks, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let people and animals be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish.” 10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he relented and did not bring on them the destruction he had threatened.
1. Abstinence from foods and pleasures of the flesh to focus on God in word, prayer and consecration. Feeding the spirit with not bread alone but with every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matt 4:4). The motive is to accept the divine invitation to dine with our master in fellowship and intimacy.
2. A hunger for God. It is when we make God our uttermost desire and obsession.
That is why fasting MUST have prayer, reading, listening, and focusing on God’s word with it.
- Joining ‘get-rich-quick’ schemes like the multi-level marketing schemes, gambling, lottery. Not being patient enough to build wealth block by block.
- Ignorance of the biblical covenant on prosperity and blessing.
- Belief there is a Conspiracy to keep people poor; but no man can keep you down Tax or no tax we cannot be put down.
- Developing a food eater and not a seed sower mentality- no savings, no investments. Depreciating investments Vs. appreciating investments.
- Believing a good job is the source of prosperity and not God and His ways of doing things.
- Irresponsible use of resources: famine and abundance are cycles that can be managed by the ‘Joseph Principle.’ During good times, save for the evil day may come.
- Withholding from blessing people. Be generous: be free from stinginess when it comes to giving. Give up and tap the anointing. Give down and it is debt to God. Practice biblical generosity. Become a tither and a generous giver.
- Lack of financial integrity: some people are not operating in the blessing because of financial iniquities both in the natural realm and the spiritual. Cheating on taxes and not tithing to God and failing to practice biblical generosity.
- Refusing to try again after failure. If there is a failure of crops, always sow the seed again.
- Not saving smartly. Depreciating investments Vs. appreciating investments.
We must learn how to become better stewards of time, talent and treasure.
ACTION: TAKE THE TITHE CHALLENGE TODAY. Visit our website and follow the link.
1. The principle was right from the garden. God planted a garden and had a tree that belonged to Him only and the rest was for Adam to enjoy. That was a type of a tithe that belongs only to God. Adam and his family used to give to God the first of their produce. This was a type of tithing. Cain killed Abel because of an offering. These men of God knew something about giving the first of the harvest to God. Even Noah after the flood gave to God. He knew how to offer to God generously.
" Through your support in 2013, we were able to go to Mexico, South Africa, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, St. Paul Crusade, mission to Wisconsin, Dayton MN Crusade, and now Australia. Help us to finish strong in 2013 with a generous tax deductible donation. "
It is summer here in Sydney and I am on the plane flying over the Pacific waters heading back to -20 degree weather. But, my heart burns with fire and a new anointing that makes me eager to see you. What a unique mission! The people were very hungry. The Lord moved so mightily from the get go. Even the meetings had to be extended.